Información sobre este anuncio
Welcome to our rustic home in this unique setting overlooking the break at Shipwreck's Beach. Great waves to surf when they're rolling in...great beaches, swimming and wind surfing when they're not. The desert meets the sea here so there's burros and sea turtles on the beach, and cactus, wildflowers and beautiful arroyos to explore. The neighborhood is a pleasant mix of Mexican ranchers & fishermen, and local gringos & surfers. The hut is about 10' x 12' with two twin beds which can be attached to make a king. We also have a separate deck (also overlooking the sea) where we can pitch a tent and provide all bedding for extra guests. So 'accommodates 4' is qualified. The room is a separate and private dwelling about 30' from the main house, where you'll find shower, coffee, WiMAX/WiFi all included in price, as well as parking. Hut has WiFi as well.
With a day or so advance notice breakfast/brunch is also available 'til noon, as well dinners. Note: The rental doesn't include cooking facilities. We will provide you with an ice-chest and a place to make snacks.
We hope to meet you soon Elena & León
• 900 miles South of the border.
• 200 miles West of Mexico City.
• 30 miles NE of Cabo San Lucas.
• 12 miles to nearest town / airport.
• 100 steps to sand and sea...
The shaded area in front of the rental shack has a table and chairs for sitting and a hammock for swinging.
• San José's downtown is lovely, with adobe houses ,palm trees and jacaranda trees. Behind San Jose del Cabo's historic main plaza and church lies the ever-growing Art District, which in recent years has become a cultural center of Los Cabos with many art galleries displaying original paintings, sculpture, photography, prints and jewelry by local, national and international contemporary artists.
• The Art Walk is a popular weekly event. Every Thursday evening between the months of November and June, the galleries welcome guests to enjoy an evening strolling the neighborhood, viewing art, sipping wine and dining at the many fine neighborhood restaurants. All who participate are open from 5pm-9pm and often certain galleries will have special events such as "artist in attendance" or openings of new work. It is a great night to come downtown and enjoy what our district has to offer.
• Cabo Pulmo bay is home to the only living hard coral reef in the Sea of Cortez. It is about an hour plus drive from Shipwrecks along the coast, with many fine secluded beaches along the way.
The reef lies 18 meters below the surface and consists of 6 main fingers of coral. There are smaller fingers and the coral growth on the rocky reefs provide a near perfect environment for a huge variety of colorful tropical fish. This area is also very attractive to various sea mammals, invertebrates, seabirds and marine plants. The nutrient-rich waters and enormous amounts of plankton create a food chain that makes Cabo Pulmo a paradise for creatures of the sea and divers alike. You can hire a guide boat to take you to various spots in the bay to snorkel or scuba dive. Or you can just strike out on your own.
• The Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific here, so from early November to April the water is mostly calm and warm. Waves here are generated by storms to the south of us which generally take place between April and October. While there are lulls between the swells, you can expect a choppier sea. The temperature also rises. Whereas the climate is temperate most of the time (most days lovely beach weather), it is quite hot here from August thru October. And this is the season for tropical storms and hurricanes. Worth the discomfort for surfers, but not the best season for most to visit.
• Please note that part of living in a desert means that water here is extra precious... we therefore try to be extra careful how we use it. This means that showers need to be kept on the short side and we have no plumbed toilet but instead use a well kept compost toilet.
* If you do bring along a pet please keep in mind that coyotes and bobcats also call this please be of the dangers before allowing smaller pets to roam the monte unsupervised.
Puedes cancelar hasta 7 días antes del viaje y recibir un reembolso del 50 %, más las tarifas de servicio.
Este anfitrión tiene 21 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We're a couple of lucky misfits whose priorities are to stay healthy and happy. We enjoy good company, good food, and keeping life sweet and simple. Leon is a tequila connoisseur and crafts redwood surfboards. Elena is a bread baker and stargazer. We think that you'll enjoy our rustic paradise and look forward to meeting you!