Experiencias que incluyan comida en Bali
These information pages can help you get started in learning about some of the laws and registration requirements that may apply to your experiences on Airbnb. These pages include summaries of some of the rules that may apply to different sorts of activities, and contain links to government resources that you may find helpful.
Please understand that these information pages are not comprehensive, and are not legal advice. If you are unsure about how local laws or this information may apply to you or your Experience, we encourage you to check with official sources or seek legal advice.
Please note that we don’t update this information in real time, so you should confirm that the laws or procedures have not changed recently.*
What are some of the basic principles?
Your guest’s health and safety should always come first. For example, it would be a good idea to take your guests to, or otherwise serve them food from, reputable restaurants, or reputable professional caterers who keep clean facilities and use fresh ingredients. Also, ask your guests in advance about any food allergies they may have, or religious or philosophical codes that may impact what kind of food they eat.
I’m a foodie. What kind of food experiences can I provide?
The following food experiences are unlikely to trigger any regulatory issues in Bali:
- Taking your guests to your favorite local restaurant.
- Inviting your guests to your home or a picnic where you serve food that is cooked by someone else in a licensed facility (for example, take-out from your favorite local restaurants, food catered by a professional licensed caterer).
If you are thinking of serving home-cooked food, please read the information on providing home-cooked food below and check with a lawyer to make sure you are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
I want to serve home-cooked food to guests visiting my home. Are there any specific rules I need to follow?
While the preparation and serving of home-cooked meals (including drinks or beverages) to paying guests visiting your home is not prohibited per se, Minister of Tourism Regulation No. 12 of 2014 on Standardization of Restaurants requires those who serve meals for commercial purposes to obtain a restaurant license. Restaurant businesses are broadly defined as any profit-oriented service in providing food and beverages with immovable equipment and supplies for storing and serving the food and beverages.
To obtain a restaurant license, you must first obtain a Tanda Daftar Usaha Pariwisata / Tourism Business License ("TDUP"). Usually, a TDUP is valid for five years and is subject to renewal.
However, a micro business (a business with a maximum of IDR 50 million in net assets excluding lands and buildings, or a business with a maximum annual revenue of IDR 300 million) can apply for a restaurant license without obtaining a TDUP. If you are unsure as to whether your experience qualifies as a micro business, you may reach out to the relevant tourism board (dinas pariwisata) of the regency office in Bali where you are offering your Experience.
Since restaurant licenses are issued by the relevant regency, and the documentation and procedures may vary across the different regencies, we also encourage you to check with the tourism boards (dinas pariwisata) of each regency office where you are offering the Experience.
You should be aware that there are potential administrative sanctions and also potential criminal liability for the failure to obtain a TDUP which may include financial penalties and/or jail.
Is there anything else I should think about?
If your experience will involve combining food with another activity (for example, serving or providing alcohol or a guided tour of the city), please take a look at our other information sections to work out if any other rules might apply to your activity.
*Airbnb is not responsible for the reliability or correctness of the information contained in any links to third party sites (including any links to legislation and regulations).
- Organizador de experienciasExperiencias que incluyan transporte en Nueva Gales del SurOfrecer experiencias en Airbnb es muy divertido, pero ten en cuenta que también existen algunas obligaciones y reglas que tendrás que cumpli…
- Organizador de experienciasExperiencias con guías turísticos en Nueva Gales del SurLeyes, normas y licencias: te damos información útil para que sepas qué podrías necesitar si quieres ofrecer una Experiencia Airbnb en tu zo…
- Organizador de experienciasExperiencias que incluyan transporte en MelbourneOfrecer experiencias en Airbnb es muy divertido, pero ten en cuenta que también existen algunas obligaciones y reglas que tendrás que cumpli…